(1) While sanctioning Delhi MRTS Phase-I project in 1996, the Union Cabinet had mandated that approximately 7% of the initial project cost should be generated through property development on lands transferred to DMRC for the project. In addition recurring income should be generated through property development for paying back subordinate debts etc. in future years. Most of the land was to be made available to DMRC on 99 years lease at nominal rent at interdepartmental transfer rates.
(2) DMRC set up a Property Development Wing in1999, for implementation of this scheme. Planning of property development work was taken up under the different types of arrangements noted below:
- 6 - 12 yr license for spaces within station buildings for commuter related vendors such as ATMs, Kiosks for refreshments, magazines etc.
- 30 yr Concession for commercial developments on vacant land pockets adjacent to MRTS stations.
- Long-term lease (50-90 yrs) on land pockets, in depots, etc, not immediately needed for operational structures.
- Advertisement through agencies.
- Within station premises
- On DMRC structures between stations
- Within DMRC's commuter trains
(3) Property development works were undertaken on the Delhi MRTS Phase - I routes noted below :
Line 1 - Shahdara - Rithala
Line 2 - Vishwavidyalaya - Central Secretariat
Line 3 - Indraprastha - Dwarka
(4) Substantial progress has been made in implementing such works on Phase I routes. Some residual development works are still continuing on these routes.
(5) Planning has also been taken up in a similar manner on the following routes for MRTS Phase II project, sanctioned in 2005.
- Shahdara- Dilshad Garden
- Vishwavidyalaya – Jehangirpuri - Badli
- Central Secretariat – Qutub Minar - Sushant Lok
- Indraprastha – New Ashok Nagar - NOIDA (Sector 32)
- Yamuna Bank - Anand Vihar ISBT
- Central Secretariat – Badarpur
- Inderlok - Mundka
- Dwarka Sector 9 – 21
For further details, please contact :
Property Development Division
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
Fire Brigade Lane, Barakhamba Road
New Delhi - 110001, India
Board No. - 23417910/12
Phone: + 91 - 11-23417910 - 12
Fax: + 91 - 11-23417921