Faridabad metro stations get highest green building ratingFaridabad Metro Stations get highest Green Building Rating
All the nine Metro stations of the Badarpur – Escorts Mujesar (Faridabad) section of Delhi Metro’s Phase 3, have been awarded the highest possible rating (platinum) for adherence to green building norms, by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), which has devised a rating mechanism for Metro stations and buildings on a scale of platinum, gold, silver etc for following the green building specifications.
The awards for these stations were given today to DMRC’s Managing Director, Dr. Mangu Singh by Dr. P C Jain, Chairperson, IGBC in the presence of DMRC’s directors and senior officials.
The Metro stations in Faridabad are equipped with a host of eco-friendly features such as:
· Water fixtures installed at the stations are 30 percent efficient than the baseline of IGBC’s rating system.
· Rainfall is being recharged to ground through rain water harvesting.
· Lifts and escalators are designed to consume lesser energy than the conventional lifts and escalators installed elsewhere.
· Energy efficient air-conditioning and lighting arrangements.
· All stations equipped with solar energy.
· All stations are planned to be registered with the prestigious Gold Standard Foundation.
IGBC’s Green Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) Rating is the World’s first exclusive rating system to address sustainability in new Mono Rail and Metro Rail systems. This rating system is a tool to enable new Rail based MRTS to apply green concepts during design & construction, so as to further reduce environmental impacts that are measurable. The overarching objective of Green MRTS Rating is to ensure environmental sustainability, while enhancing commuter experience. The Mandi House and Janpath stations of Delhi Metro’s Phase 3 have already received the platinum rating from IGBC earlier.