Wi-Fi internet service starts at rajiv chowk and kashmere gate metro station From 1st January, 2016 to be known as `Metro-Fi`
As a first step towards providing Wi-Fi based internet facilities from its premises, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) today started the Wi-Fi services at Rajiv Chowk and Kashmere Gate Metro station. With the Wi-Fi service in the Delhi Metro, christened as ‘Metro-Fi’, the passengers can now have access to internet services free of cost for a total duration of 30 minutes in a day. Further browsing beyond 30 minutes through Wi-Fi will be as per applicable charges by the service provider.
The process to avail Wi-Fi services is as given below:
1. As soon as a passenger enters the paid area (platform/concourse area of the station after entering trough token/smart card) of these stations, he/she can search available Wi-Fi network named “Metro-Fi”
2. Once this network is selected, the web page of Metro-Fi will appear on the mobile phone/laptop screen and system will ask for the registration using Mobile No.
3. As soon as the Mobile No. is entered, one SMS will be received on the mobile no. through SMS gateway having login password.
4. After receiving the above password, use need to again select the ‘Metro-Fi’ network, on the web page select option, “Already Registered” and after that enter the received password in the desired filed.
5. Now, Wi-Fi network is available for use ‘Free of Charge’ for 30 minute during the day.
6. In case user wants to use this network beyond 30 min during the day, user can again select the ‘Metro-Fi’ network and can pay for usage using PayTM.
The Wi-Fi services at these two stations are provided as part of an MoU signed by DMRC with the Rail Tel Corporation of India in May 2015. Initially, five stations were identified for the setting up of these services. The other three stations where wifi will be available soon are: Vishwavidyalaya, Central Secretariat and Hauz Khas
AD/ED (CC) / DMRC