DMRC Organizes Article
In order to comply with the guidelines/directives of Reserve Bank of India and also for making Metro Smart Card interoperable, it has been decided that Delhi Metro Smart Cards shall be non-refundable only w.e.f. 1st April 2017. The above shall be implemented as follows:
1) The Smart cards sold w.e.f. 01st April 2017, onwards shall be non-refundable only.
2) The present cards in circulation will also become non-refundable w.e.f. 1st April 2017. The passengers will be given a sunset period from 01st March till 31st March 2017, during which the passengers, if they so desire, may take refund for their smart cards from the Metro Stations.
3) For both new cards sold after 1st April 2017, and existing cards converted to non- refundable and after 1st April 2017, only security deposit, after deduction of relevant charges, shall be returned on surrender of the card.
4) The other rules regarding unreadable or card not working shall be dealt as per the existing rules.
5) Recharge up to a maximum value of Rs.2,000/- can be done on a Smart Card.