Due to Northern Power Grid Failure,Metro Services Commence at 7:00 AM today
- Owing to the breakdown of power supply from Northern Power Grid today, Auxiliary and Traction power supply of all Metro Lines/Depots was not available from 2:35 am to 06:58 am.
- As a result of this, Metro trains could not be taken out from depots for induction on main Lines for passenger services at 6:00 am as per the normal schedule.
- At around 7:00 am, when power supply was resumed from Northern Grid, Metro trains were rolled out from respective depots for passenger services in a phased manner.
- Between 7 am to 9 am, all trains were inducted into passenger services in a phased manner.
- Regular services were made available on all Metro lines from 9:00 am onwards.
- A team of senior officers from Delhi Metro’s Electrical wing swung into action at 2:30 am to ensure that power supply is resumed for Metro at the earliest. Separate teams were deployed for DMRC’s Control Centres at Shastri Park and Metro Bhawan to supervise the overall situation and to ensure earliest restoration of power supply to DMRC.
- Regular announcements regarding non availability of Metro services and later on for delay were done regularly from central and local announcement systems.
- All stations remain closed from 6:00 am to 7:00 am and adequate information was displayed outside the stations regarding non availability of services from 6:00 am.
- To manage the crowd at interchange stations of Rajiv Chowk and Kashmere Gate Metro stations, following steps were taken (between 07:00 am to 09:00 am):
(i)To manage the crowd at Kashmere Gate Metro station, six trains were planned empty from Vishwavidyalaya to start service from Kashmere Gate with destination to HUDA City Centre.
(ii)To manage the crowd at Rajiv Chowk Metro station, three trains were planned empty from Vishwavidyalaya to start service from Rajiv Chowk with destination to HUDA City Centre.
(iii) Upto 8:20 am, only six-car trains (Total 26) were inducted into service to cater the crowd on Line-2.
(iv) Centralized announcements done from OCC informing public about the services.