Information regarding Token/Cards and Recharge
Delhi Metro has introduced, for the first time in the country, ticketing and passenger control through a completely Automatic Fare Collection system.
The ticket which could be a token or card is purchased from the Ticket Counter or Customer Care Centre. Subsequently, the passenger proceeds to one of several gates that separate the Paid Area from the Unpaid Area. Here, the passenger will hold the ticket close to the machine to the right of the gate. If valid, the gates will open automatically, and the passenger can pass to the Paid Area. If not valid, then the passenger will need to contact the Customer Care Staff.
(A) Travel Card:
• It is the most convenient for frequent commuters. The minimum amount payable at the time of purchase of a new card would be Rs.150/- including refundable security of Rs.50/. Subsequent recharge of the card can be done at Customer Care Centers of any station with a minimum value of Rs.200/- and up to Rs.3000/-.
Following options are available to commuters to recharge the travel cards:-
(i) At Customer Care Center (CCC)– facility available at all stations. Minimum value to Recharge Smart Card is Rs.200/- thereafter in multiple of Rs.100/- up to Rs.3000/-.
(ii) At Ticket Vending Machine (TVM) – facility available at selected stations. Minimum value to Recharge Smart Card is Rs.100/- thereafter in multiple of Rs.50/- up to Rs.3000/-.
(iii) At Point of Sale (POS) – through Credit/Debit Card of any bank, facility available at all stations. Minimum value to Recharge Smart Card is Rs.200/- thereafter in multiple of Rs.100/- up to Rs.3000/-.
(iv) Web Top Up/Online recharge –At DMRC Smart Card Portal www.dmrcsmartcard.com The steps are:
1- Visit www.dmrcsmartcard.com
2- Enter the amount and card information
3- Secure pay with Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking and
4- Go to Add Value Machine (AVM) installed at all Stations.
(v) SMS - ICICI account users can also recharge their cards with SMS facility. To view the format and other details, please visit www.dmrcsmartcard.com. After sending the SMS, present the card at AVMs installed at most of the Stations.
(vi) Auto Top Up - DMRC–ICICI Bank, DMRC-IndusInd Bank, DMRC-SBI Combo Card and DMRC-Autope card users can avail the facility of auto top of through the Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) Entry gate. With this facility, the commuters can top up their smart cards at the AFC entry gate itself.
Add Value of Rs.200/- will be done on the combo card when the balance of the smart card goes below Rs.100/- (Auto Top Up Threshold). Later, Rs.200 will be debited from Passenger account and credited to DMRC account.
(vii) Top up at Business Correspondent of ICICI Bank outlets: - At over 1000 outlets in the city just by paying cash.
- Validity of Card: Ten Years from the date of purchase or the date of last recharge.
- Facility to check remaining balance on Card: Ticket Reading Machines available at all Metro Stations.
(B) Tourist Card:
- Suitable for unlimited travel over short duration on all DMRC lines except Airport Line.
. Two types of tourist cards are presently available:-
- One-Day Card: available at a cost of Rs.200/- (Rs.150 + Rs.50 refundable security).
- Three-Day Card: at a cost of Rs.500/- (Rs.450 + Rs.50 refundable security)
Refund of Smart Card:-
The electronic value in Smart Card shall not be refunded.
The security deposit shall be returned to the passenger in case of surrendering readable and physically OK smart card, after having adjusted negative electronic value (if any). The processing charges of Rs.20/- will also be deducted from the security deposit in this case.
Security deposit will not be returned in case of surrendering physically damaged cards.
· Commuters can purchase single journey tokens from Ticket counters of all Stations and from TVMs of selected stations.
How to use your Token:-
· Journey is permitted for one way only.
· Tokens are valid only for the day of its purchase.
· A passenger can refund an unused token within 60 minutes of its issue at the same station
- For entry, hold your token close to the machine for the gates to open.
- For exit, drop the token into the machine.
How to use your Smart Card/ Tourist Card:-
- For entry, exhibit your travel card at the entry gate for the flaps to open.
- For exit, exhibit your travel card at the exit gates for the flap to open. While exiting, commuters may note that fare is deducted from the card. If not, contact the Customer Care Operator to avoid inconvenience at later stage.
Instructions to Smart Card Holders/ Travel Card Holders:-
- In case of any difficulty, contact Customer Care Staff for assistance.
- Smart cards are transferable and can be used for multiple journeys. But it can be used by only one passenger at a time. Any entry on a travel card must be followed by a valid exit from the system.
- If a passenger performs entry and exit from same station, Rs.10/- shall be deducted from his Smart Card under normal conditions.
- If a passenger performs simultaneous entry and exit at the same station, i.e. making pseudo entry or exit at AFC gates, a penalty of Rs.80/- will be charged from the passenger and manual penalty receipt shall be issued.
- In case of any mismatch in entry/exit, passenger shall be charged as per relevant Metro rules.
Maximum permissible time limit allowed to commuters for stay inside the Metro System:-
- The maximum permissible time limit of stay have been rationalized according to the length of journey of the commuter. The maximum permissible time is divided into three separate time zones according to the following arrangement:
Fare of RMGL: Rs.20/-
- Note:- The maximum period to stay within paid area for entry/exit from same station is defined as 20 minutes.
- A penalty of Rs.10 per extra hour (maximum Rs.50/-) will be imposed (as per existing business rule) for any breach of the time limit.