Changed Location of Ladies coach for Trains running on Line-6 (Central Secretariat -Badarpur) To facilitate boarding & Alighting of Ladies
From 16th February, 2013 onwards, all Metro trains on Line 6 will be having reserved ladies coach as per the following norm: -
1. Lady passengers boarding Metro trains from Badarpur towards Central Secretariat are advised that the last coach will be the ladies coach.
2. Lady passengers travelling from Central Secretariat towards Badarpur should note that first coach will continue to be the reserved coach for ladies as before.
3. For this, announcements will be made inside the trains running on this route and also at stations and guards will be deployed at platforms of this line to guide the passengers for initial period.
4. This step is being taken to ensure ‘Ladies in and Ladies out’ from the same coach and to avoid inconvenience to women passengers who had to, otherwise face difficulties in de-boarding at interchange station like Central Secretariat. In addition, DMRC will make all required arrangements for Metro passengers to ensure smooth transition of this new arrangement including proper positioning of the ladies coach at the station platform etc.
5. The provision of First Coach of every train reserved as ‘Ladies only coach’ will remain unchanged on rest of the lines of the Delhi Metro.